Friday, February 02, 2007

Tango

I (Abigail) think that it is high time to introduce a new member of the family to the blog. But I will begin with a bit of an explanation. Many years ago, when Mama was in college, she "inherited" a couple of black Rat snakes from a friend of hers. She loved the snakes and kept them for many years. Apparently the genes were passed on because I have grown to love and admire snakes myself. So just this past January, Mama, Daddy and I went to a reptile show at UAB. A big group of reptile collectors and breeders had gathered there and I found what I was looking for: a two-year-old Corn snake!
And here he is!

Corn snakes are small, gentle, non-venomous snakes and Tango in particular is so tame that he cannot even eat live mice, but has to eat sterilized frozen white mice from a box!
Perhaps a little camera shy!
He lives in a twenty-gallon glass aquarium in my bedroom.
This is his 'branch', it's really just a overpriced stick that we got from a pet store, but the store sold it as a 'section of sand-blasted California grape-vine'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for connecting the dots. We had looked at your Christmas pictures and were wondering why Abigail got a large stick for Christmas. She looked so happy about a stick and we were puzzled. The light went on over Indiana this day and we think Tango is a cool name.
The Gibsons in Indiana