Saturday afternoon, we said goodbye to our sweet Minnie May. She was just a puppy eleven years ago when our neighbors found her running loose on the street with a broken chain and a metal collar welded around her neck. She had clearly been the victim of animal abuse and it took weeks before she learned to trust us, but since then she has been the sweetest dog imaginable.
Earlier this week she stopped eating and the vet found a tumor growing on her spleen. It was hemorrhaging and too late for surgery so he put her to sleep Saturday afternoon. We know that she had a wonderful life with us and we are so grateful for the time we had with our precious dog.

1 comment:
Oh, guys. I'm so sorry. So so sorry. Minnie May was such a sweet dog: I will always remember her and Frisky jumping up and down at the fence when we'd drive up, and when we'd walk up the stairs, they'd stand up and demand pats on the head.
She was always so loving. She was such a sweet dog.
I sorry. I love you guys.
Ashley~
Post a Comment