Three inches! That's how much rain is in the gauge this morning! It's been drizzling since yesterday morning, a fine, slow drizzle, beautiful to see in the middle of this drought. The birds were bursting their little lungs with singing this morning, and a whole flock landed in our yard! It's truly amazing to see so many creatures all alike and all together, pouring from tree to tree.
Well, that's a nice thought, but it isn't much of an update. Let's see, what's new around here? Oh yes: Jesse, Samuel and Christopher played in the Solo Festival (piano competition) last Saturday and they all received the highest possible score: Superior! And of course, I must mention that Chris received a Superior plus! We're so proud of all of them. And I (Abby), having spent four days at the DMV, finally got my driver's license! Yes, I've had the permit for a year, but after my sixteenth birthday, I was old enough to get the real license to drive alone. Of course, having spent four days in a government-run place like that, I feel like I'm nearly eighteen! But everyone is happy to have me driving, especially Jesse, who is pleased that I am now able to shuttle myself to and from the grocery store for eggs and milk and that-strange-spice-that-he's-never-heard-of-but-is-absolutely-crucial-to-my-new-recipe! (BTW: not all grocery stores stock ground Coriander seed!)
But aside from those two things, nothing is really new around here, except, of course, the rain!

No comments:
Post a Comment