This is a writing assignment that a good friend of ours completed after spending a school day with our family.
With eight people under one roof, the Kawell household is constantly booming with a cacophony of sounds. With the ceiling shaking above us and the dryer squawking loudly, Abigail Kawell, the only girl of the six sibling, explained that breakfast is usually the most clamorous time of the day, because the radio is blasting and everyone is yelling over each other. Everyone else agreed with her. "Someone’s always talking… or making music,” shouted Mrs. Kawell over the sound of someone playing the piano. Even as I’m writing now, she is calling out across the house, asking who is where and what they are doing. Between the melodies of piano practice, the stomping of feet, the drone of school lessons, and the humming of a vacuum, I managed to ask everyone’s opinion on the noisy, chaotic days in the Kawell house. To sum them all up, it’s not peaceful when you live with eight people, But they all agreed that they enjoy it.
By Ashley Tucker
Friday, February 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, Abby! That's so sweet to put this out on your blog! :) I couldn't believe it when I saw it... I thought to myself, 'Wow, that looks like... AHHH it is my paper!" :) Wwwoooo yeah, can't wait to see you today! I'm glad Jesse's getting to come.
LULAS!
Ashley~
Yep, I'll try to put the YouTube links to our videos up here as soon as you get them up! I can't wait to show Jesse and Sam our Green Giant commercial!!!
LULAS,
Abby
Post a Comment