This is Abby again, posting from the lobby of the Hotel San Juan D'Leon. I have a little longer for this post, since Mr. and Mrs. Toone are out at a good-bye dinner with friends and I'm staying with the sleeping kids. Tomorrow, we'll be driving out of Leon at one o'clock to head back to the capital, Managua. We'll be spending the night in the Mercedes hotel and flying out early Saturday morning.
So far, it's been the most wonderful experience for me and all of us. I've begun to realize that even though it's only been two weeks, I'm going to miss Nicaragua. Granted, it will be nice to read labels and understand conversation again (although my Spanish has definitely improved) and I certainly miss my family and friends, but this has been a wonderful experience in a wonderful country.
I will continue to ask for your prayers, though, as the next few days of travel will be hard on us all, especially since we'll be traveling with two worn-out babies, and sanity as well as safety will be a primary concern! But the kids have really been excellent. Josiah, the two year old, is too young to even notice the location change and the language barrier is nonexistent in his little world, creating some hilariously awkward situations! Analise, who is four, has had more difficulty and is of the opinion that if she only speaks loudly enough, people will understand her.
I had many questions about my health before I came and to reassure you all, we have not eaten in any questionable locations. I have been drinking only bottled water and am getting plenty of sleep since we're all on a two-year-old's schedule. I have also been taking endless pictures and video with my cameras, but I'm afraid that there will be no time to download any until I get home. Meanwhile, keep checking the Toone's site for info (the link is a few posts below).
I love you all, friends and family, and hope to see you as soon as possible to give you first hand accounts! Meanwhile I promise to post diligently as soon as I am home and have a little more time.
(DISCLAIMER: The author of this post is physically and emotionally very tired as well as unused to posting at ten thirty at night. If this post makes no sense, please consider that she is currently translating it into Spanish, trying to make sense of the movie she just watched, wondering about her fellow hotel guests and mildly panicing about an unenviable weekend just ahead. Please forgive any strange statements, as well as spelling and grammatical errors. THANK YOU)
Friday, January 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, Abby!
I'm glad you're coming home! We've missed you sooo much! I've been keeping up with you on that other web site (forgot what it was called). It's hard to believe you've actually been down there! The pictures were so cool! I'm glad you had a great time! Looking foward to seeing you again!
LULAS,
Ashley~
You were such a blessing to have with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip so much! Thanks for your ever-present smile and good attitude in everything we did :) We love you!!
Post a Comment