Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hurricane Relief pictures

The hurricane pictures are ready. There were 144 pictures that we took on the 4 day trip, and I've selected 14 of them. I will definitely post more later. Also, I would like to post more in-depth comments on the trip. I'd like to have Abigail write some too. Anyway here are the pictures. If your are looking for pics of Jack and Chris' B-day, see the previous post.

Our crew: left to right (back) Sam, Andrew, (middle row) Abigail, Rebecca, Melanie, Scott, (lower row) Jesse, Jenell, and Greg.
The interior of the house we were working on. We worked on the roof, so the inside still looks like this.


The outside of the house. Trash from the hurricane was still everywhere.

Half the roof already had shingles on when we arrived. This is the other half.


We had to do some of the roof in the rain and wind. No one fell though!

The finished product.
Some men from another crew helped us finish the roof in double time.
Here's Andrew feeding seagulls. The wind was blowing so hard that the birds just hovered in the air like humming birds.


That all the pictures for this post. Like I said I will try to post more later...

[JESSE]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm envious. I would have loved to help you all on the roof.

It's hard to believe that things are still in such a bad state. Was it the same general area that you went to last time?

Kawell Writer said...

Yes we were. Both times we were in the Pascagula-Moss Point area. We got to see two of the houses we worked on last year, and I'll post pictures of them in a little while...

Kawell Writer said...

A group of ladies near the church make those dolls and give them to the church to give to the relief workers. All of the girls got one, but (needless to say) the men turned them down!! Are you interested in getting some for your store?!?:) Not sure how one got in the picture except that someone might have been holding one as we packed.