Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I am a Walker

I am a Walker of the Tightrope to Maturity,
I wonder at my unveiled weakness and strength,
I hear the screams of the fallen,
I see darkness under my feet,
I want to gain the Platform of Maturity,
I am a Walker of the Tightrope to Maturity,

I pretend a confidence as false as a Pharisee,
I feel, and wonder what it is I am feeling,
I touch the slender, trembling, cord,
I worry often, fumbling for my balance,
I cry overcome by less than nothing,
I am a Walker of the Tightrope to Maturity,

I understand that incomprehension is natural,
I say my strength is more powerful than my weakness,
I dream of childhood and adulthood,
I try to remember my training for this moment,
I hope,
I am a Walker of the Tightrope to Maturity.

Mama said that I had to put this on the blogg if I wanted to continue eating in this house!
Abigail Kawell

No comments: