Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring is here again!

Another whole inch of rain last night, and you know what that means! A flower post! Mama's Irises are blooming and beautiful now, so I have to show you a few pictures!

100_9441 

It's impossible to capture their beauty in a full sized picture, so I took these looking into their little throats.

100_9450

Look at the intricate pattern of veins in this one!

100_9456

I love this color.

100_9457

These are white, gently touched with lavender.

100_9458

Here is a full sized picture of the white one.

100_9477

This survived the winter in one of my containers.

100_9438

The hydrangeas are still mostly green, but this one is spilling out into blue around the edges.

100_9481 

We fell in love with this lily in the botanical gardens, and Mama and I (Abby) each had to get one last year. Unfortunately we couldn't pronounce the name then, and I can't remember it now.

100_9478

100_9483

I just love the details revealed in a close-up photo like this!

100_9488

And one humble little daffodil in the midst of all this gaudy color! This little girl preferred swinging in the breeze to having her picture taken, so I had to capture her for a moment to snap this one!

100_9489

If I were a fairy, this is where I'd sleep!

No comments: