Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Holidays

Wow! it's been a while since our last post. Here are some holiday pictures. I guess everyone was too hungry to take pictures of the Thanksgiving feast, but here are some related pictures.

 

100_6719

Thanksgiving can be exhausting for a cook!

100_6718

Doesn't Grandmother have a beautiful Autumn view?

100_6721

A classic Thanksgiving tradition: football!

100_6733

Due to the drought in these Southern states, we decided to get a smaller tree this year! It looks like Charlie Brown's tree, doesn't it?

100_6730

All right, the drought's not that bad! Here we are in front of the real Christmas tree!

100_6742

We get our Christmas trees at the Old Baker Farm and we usually get there just as they're cleaning up from the fall festival. We found this painted on a hay bale. Isn't it cute?

100_6746

Okay, maybe this picture makes the tree look a tad bit bigger than it really is, but we all agree that this year's tree is the biggest one we've ever had .

100_6784

Hauling in a tree that size can make you pretty tired!

100_6772

Decorating the giant! It may look like Christopher (on the ladder) is in a pretty precarious position, but it's hard to reach the higher branches without some help!

100_6775

Jesse handed out hooks this year, but he got pretty snobby and refused to give them out until he "inspected" the ornaments first! I told him that I'd pay him back by putting a bad pictures of him on the blog so... ta-da!

100_6774

How's that for a bad picture?

100_6789

What's with the hands? Uh, I don't know, really.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been having fun looking at your blog site. Everyone surely has grown up since I last saw you. Abigale, I love that blouse/top you had on at Eugenia's house. You are doing a wonderful job with this. And this time!! I put your address on my favorites list. I just could never get the letters in the right order etc. Keep up the good work.. oh, the cake you made is very pretty too. You and Lucy have gotten so original with your designs.
love you all, gin/aunt gin/whatever