Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Update / Day 3-4

I haven't been able to post for a while. As I was trying to post about our first trip, we went on another one. We just got back from a trip to Pisgah National Forest in the Smoky Mountains. I'll post on it later.


*****


Day 3


May 30


Monahans, TX to Carlsbad, NM

100 miles


We had a short trip today so that we could have plenty of time to go into Carlsbad Caverns. We also came back to the caverns later to watch the bats come out. We have plenty of pictures of the cave but most of them didn't turn out because of the dark conditions down there. Besides, I'm having trouble compressing the photos. We just got a new version of Windows Vista and because of that I don't have all my photo software back on the computer.


End Day 3


Day 4


May 31


Carlsbad, NM to White Sands, NM

100 miles


Today we went to White Sands National Monument/Missile Range, but before I tell you about that I have to tell you about the trip there. I will soon be able to post video to the blog (I'll do an experiment in a minute) but for now you will have to let words suffice. In the middle of southern New Mexico is the most amazing forest, Lincoln National Forest. We didn't take any pictures only video (how could we?). White Sands was a pretty amazing place. You know its cool as soon as you drive in and you see the sign that reads, "Road closed for missile testing when flashing."
That's a real sign. The sands were awesome.


(This picture is not compressed so it may take time to load)

We happened to be there on a blue moon, and it was awesome to be there on the white sands with a full moon.

End Day 4

No comments: