Tuesday, November 22, 2005

First Entry


Kids at Grand Canyon

Why have we started this? Well the real reason is that a website takes too long and people keep asking us to get one set up. Some friends were in this past weekend and after looking at their blog I decided it was time for this old Computer Science professor and his family to take a jump into the the blog world.

As I mentioned we had some dear friends in over the weekend, Jessica and Joshua Erber. These are two of the older children of Roger and Maggie Erber from Harvard, IL. Joshua has a recording bussiness and he and his sister came down to record a conference here in Birmingham. It was soooo good to see them and catch up with what is going on in there lives and their family. We had many late nights, but many, many, many laughs.

Right now Becky is going crazy trying to keep everyting on track for the big meal on Thursday. We are all looking forward to Thanksgiving day and then we always kick Christmas off the day after. Off to the woods to get the tree and get the house in the season. Becky does a great job at putting a huge spread on the table for Thanksgiving. Becky's mother will make the dressing and her nice will bring some squash casserole and I am sure all who come will bring a little extra something. Hmmmmmmm!!!!! I can taste it all already. Abigail is right now over at Grandmothers helping her get stuff chopped and mixed and ready to cook Thursday morning.

Time to get the piano boys off to piano.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful to see all this. You all are a wonderful family and I'm glad to be a part of it. love, gin

The Clerk said...

Hey, what's this? A blog and you didn't tell us??? Well, we're glad we found you and can now keep up with what's going on in Birmingham! :)

Jessica

Kawell Writer said...

Sorry Erbers! I don't know how you didn't get informed when you were the ones to give us the great idea! Anyway, I'm glad you found it.

Jesse